SIMPSON CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS
The mission of Simpson's contributions program is:
- To improve the quality of life in communities where the company has a significant number of employees living and working
- To serve as a catalyst for employees to become involved and to provide leadership in their communities
Contributions are generally made in locations where the company has operations.
- To the extent possible, contributions will support organizations of interest to, or recommended by, Simpson employees.
- Simpson prefers to make capital contributions that will benefit the operating communities for the long term as opposed to contributing operating funds.
- Generally, support is committed for one year at a time and in amounts less than $5,000.
A Local Review Committee will evaluate requests for contributions and determine the amount of grants to specific organizations.
Some of the criteria taken into account in determining the amount of any contribution are:
- The degree of support from Simpson employees
- Relative size and importance of company operations in the community; balance among Simpson communities
- Needs of the organization or program for which funding is requested
- Amount of previous Simpson contributions to the organization
- Amount committed by other companies, foundations and/or governments. Projects should demonstrate broad-based community support.
- Proximity of the requesting organization to Simpson operations or administrative offices.
How to apply for a Simpson Contribution
If you believe your request for a contribution qualifies, contact the Community Involvement Committee for your geographic area.
- Tacoma, WA.
- Shelton, WA.
- Longview, WA.
- Georgetown, SC.
- Meldrim, GA.